Wedding Countdown Checklist
|Congratulations on your engagement! Here's a wedding checklist to help you plan your perfect day...
Do it now
- Set a date for your wedding.
- Announce your engagement to your friends and family. You may wish to place an announcement in your local paper.
- Set a budget.
- Decide on your style of wedding.
- Work out the number of guests you want to invite.
- Open a separate bank account for your wedding fund.
- Choose a venue, check availability and book if necessary.
- Book the service or registrar - do this early to ensure you get your preferred date.
- Organise wedding insurance.
- Decide on a Best Man, bridesmaids, ushers and page boys.
- Go dress shopping.
4-9 Months to go
- Book honeymoon - book early for the best prices!
- Book transport for the day.
- Choose and book your entertainment - don't forget the kids.
- Book the photographer and videographer.
- Order invitations and other stationery.
- Decide and book the caterers if needed.
- Arrange meeting with your minister or registrar to discuss service and wedding bands.
- Choose a style of wedding cake and order.
- Discuss your flower requirements and ideas with your florist.
- Order suits for groom, best man, etc.
- Buy lingerie and shoes.
- Arrange a dress fitting (try on with lingerie).
3 Months to go
- Send out invitations, keeping a list of who you've sent to.
- Confirm registry office booking, if not a church wedding.
- Put together a gift list.
- Book a hotel for your wedding night.
- Reserve accommodation for guests.
- Check hen and stag parties are in hand.
- Choose stylists and discuss hair and make-up options.
- Discuss menus with caterers/venue.
2 Months to go
- Choose thank you gifts for your wedding party.
- Arrange table decorations and wedding favours.
- Organise the printing of the Order of Service sheets.
- Buy a guest book.
- Order flowers, including buttonholes, headdresses, bouquets and corsages.
- Buy marriage licence from registrar.
1 Month to go
- Arrange a final dress fitting.
- Finalise the number of guests.
- Confirm numbers for the caterers.
- Devise a seating plan.
- If going abroad, order currency for your honeymoon.
2 Weeks to go
- Check that speeches are prepared.
- Confirm arrangements with any suppliers.
1 Week to go
- Re-confirm final numbers with caterers
- Check travel documents for the honeymoon.
- Pack for your honeymoon.
24 Hours to go
- Have a manicure, pedicure and other beauty treatments.