Weddings Cornwall Forum
30 March, 2017, 23:39:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Weddings Cornwall Forum

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Music  (Read 6351 times)
Ricardo

« on: 27 January, 2008, 20:42:10 »

Are there any current trends for hiring musicians for the service?

I like the idea of a string quartet, if that doesn't seem too formal or expensive.
sacback

Email
« Reply #1 on: 29 January, 2008, 16:39:08 »

Music depends on your guest. You know most of your family and friends and you know what most of them like to listen to. I think it would be a great idea to mix it up but not only mis it up but have a live band. Live bands are beautiful in my eyes.
Ricardo

« Reply #2 on: 31 January, 2008, 15:33:46 »

I prefer live bands for the reception, too. I was wondering what folks are doing lately for music during the ceremony.

I guess an organist is traditional, but sometimes a guitar and flute duo is a nice change, too.
sacback

Email
« Reply #3 on: 01 February, 2008, 23:06:58 »

I went to a wedding about three months ago and they didn't have a live band, they had a dj. He was playing cds actually. To me it came off really cheesy and none classic. It didn't come off romantic like it should have.
Ricardo

« Reply #4 on: 05 February, 2008, 17:36:10 »

I've been to some receptions where I think they were obviously trying to keep the costs down, and the couple was probably alright with the compromise.

But I know what you mean. As the AFM's slogan says "Live Music Is Best."
sacback

Email
« Reply #5 on: 14 March, 2008, 17:13:47 »

When we had our wedding, we wanted to keep the cost down but still wanted to have live music.  We advertised locally and actually found some bands that were willing to play at no charge just to get heard, get their name out their, and have a reference for the future.  It's worth a try for anyone on a budget.
skatss

« Reply #6 on: 28 March, 2008, 13:45:33 »

You can get some decent bands if you shop around a bit. There are lots of them out there but make sure to start looking early so you can get the band that you want.

A string quartet sounds beautiful but I think most guests might want to dance and have a good time. A band seems more practical to me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: