Weddings Cornwall Forum
24 March, 2017, 10:07:40 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Weddings Cornwall Forum

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wedding Cakes  (Read 6383 times)
Ricardo

« on: 01 February, 2008, 17:07:56 »

Do you think you'd prefer having a wedding cake baked and decorated by a bakery, or by someone privately?

Some people doing it out of their own home get quite involved, making their own icing roses by spinning small turntables and squeezing icing out of decorator guns.

I've also seen a sugar mixture molded into bells to be added to the icing decoration. Some bakers stock various shaped pans like traditional squares or heart shaped.
sacback

Email
« Reply #1 on: 01 February, 2008, 23:05:04 »

That is a great question, I don't know. I think that I would want more effort  put into my cake so I probably would want someone to take the time to make it in their home. You are right, people who take the time to do it  out their home are way more involved with the making of it. They can focus better on what you want and are much more articulate but you can't take about from bakeries either because there are really good bakeries out there that are top notch when it comes to make cakes.
Ricardo

« Reply #2 on: 04 February, 2008, 17:43:48 »

Apparently there are traditions involving the wedding cake. For one, I've heard that some people freeze the top layer and save it to be served at the christening of their first born.

Of course that implies that the couple plans to start a family and that it would involve a christening, neither of which may be the case for many couples.  Wink
sacback

Email
« Reply #3 on: 17 March, 2008, 20:23:53 »

I use to spend my summers with my grandmother who baked/decorated cakes for a living.  I watched in awe as she skillfully turned out some of the most amazing cakes.  I'd never be happy with anything less after seeing such beautiful cakes.
skatss

« Reply #4 on: 25 March, 2008, 22:26:40 »

I think a lot has to do with how much you are willing to spend. Personally decorated cakes can be pretty expensive but very beautiful. I prefer a very basic cake and really don't see the necessity for a cake with too much on it.
KJ

« Reply #5 on: 30 March, 2008, 08:12:48 »

I agree. The wedding cake is definitely an important part of the wedding isn't it? Smiley
I haven't had a wedding yet but I would want my cake to have a lot of time and effort put into it also, so I would want somebody to personally make it for me and my future husband so my guests are all satisfied and amused!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: